Fidget beads have been used for centuries in Greece to help people relax and to pass time. Grump Meter fidget beads can help kids calm themselves, and give them a tactile reminder while they consider their choices and remain on, or return to, blue.
- Beads, such as plastic pony beads. You could use different shapes of beads, such as the flowers beads shown above.
- Cording, such as the rainbow colored cord above. Remember to use something that will be easy to string.
- Hooks can be used to attach Grump Meter worry beads to a belt loop or a backpack.
- Assemble supplies.
- String beads of blue, green, yellow, orange and red in the order of the Grump Meter.
- Tie into a necklace or a bracelet, or onto a key chain. Be sure to tie them securely.
- Instruct children to touch the beads that match the color they're on. (click to find out more) As they move down the Grump Meter, they should change colors of beads. They can congratulate themselves when they return to blue!